We are pleased to inform you that Alpha Specialist Centre is currently panel of Perkeso’s Mammogram Screening Centre.
What is Perkeso Health Screening Programme?
The health screening test for private sector workers above the age of 40 was announced by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak when tabling the 2013 Budget on Sept 28, last year. Most employers had distributed the vouchers to their staff by now. If you haven’t received one, best is to check with your employers.
For your info, the health screening is only eligible for SOCSO contributors who are above 40 years old. The screening is aimed at detecting non-communicable diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
The first voucher is for standard screening which consists of physical examination, consultation, blood test, urine test and Pap smear (for women) and the second voucher is solely for mammogram screening.
For your information, the deadline for Socso HSP program has been extended to 30th December 2017. Please contact our Radiology Department at 03 – 6141 8533 to book your appointment online HERE.
Before you proceed for your health screening, it is advisable to go through the following guide.
Blood test preparation
- You are required to fast before having a blood test.
- Do not eat or drink anything (except water) for at least 12 hours before you go to the panel clinic.
- Do not smoke, chew gum or exercise.
- After the specimen is collected, you may resume normal diet.
- Most people find it convenient to stop eating and drinking in the evening and to arrive at the panel clinic early in the next morning.
Pap smear preparation
- The best time to have a pap smear is when you are not menstruating.
- 2 days prior to the test, avoid intercourse, douches, vaginal medications (except as directed by your doctor), vaginal contraceptives such as birth control foams, creams or jellies.
5-Easy Steps for Perkeso HSP Mammogram Screening
If you have received the ORIGINAL VOUCHERS (per the sample below) from your employers, you can proceed to the nearest PANEL CLINIC for your health screening.
For ladies, you will have an additional voucher for mammogram screening.
Before going for your health screening, please call to make an appointment with your selected panel clinic.
- Schedule the test for a time when your breasts are least likely to be tender. Usually during the week after your menstrual period.
- Avoid using deodorant, lotions, powders, cream or perfumes under your arms or on your breast as metallic particles could be visible on your mammogram and cause confusion.
- Consider an over the counter pain medication if you find that having a mammogram is uncomfortable.
5 easy steps to follow:
- Make an appointment at the nearest panel clinic.
- Make a copy of your voucher and bring along to the clinic for voucher validation. The clinic will keep your original mammogram voucher. (Please ensure the clinic stamp is on the copy)
- Bring along the copy and proceed to our Radiology Department located at Ground Floor for your mammogram screening. (no appointment is required)
- Wait for your mammogram screening report. The film and report will be given to you once you have completed the screening.
- Once done, you may proceed to the same panel clinic for medical review.